- This event has passed.
WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
September 17, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm UTC+4AED1500
Level 1: Award in Spirits
A beginner level introduction to spirits for those starting a career in the industry or pursuing an interest in spirits. For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of spirits. You’ll explore the main styles and types through sight, smell, and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas. Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
What you’ll learn
- The basic principles of spirits production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- How to serve spirits
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting ® (SAT)
This qualification has a minimum requirement of six guided learning hours with a WSET course provider. With The Tasting Class teaching starts at 10am. The exam is given from 5pm – 6pm.
Exam specifications level 1: Download Course Specification
Included in the course price:
- Coffee breaks
- Lunch: salad bar and main meal
- 8 spirits samples
- Level 1: Award in Spirits Beverage exam
- Once off courier services within the UAE
- Study materials
- Certificate and pin
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual.
- 1 Day Course – 17th September – registration closes August 31st.
- Media One Hotel