- This event has passed.
Virtual Tasting – Dessert Pairing
April 15, 2020 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm UTC+4
Do you always buy the same bottles? Would you like to branch out and try something new but aren’t quite sure where to begin? Join us as we’ll introduce some new grapes that you’re sure to love!
Our FREE Virtual Happy Hour tastings continue this week, and beyond. We’ve included a LOT of info here so you’re able to stock up while you’re out for essentials.
The rule is to pair sweet with sweet, but we can go deep with this pairing. We’ll explore different types of stickies, where they come from, how they achieve such high sugar levels. We’ll also give you tips to make great dessert pairings and you can try them at home along with us.
1. Michele Chiarlo Nivole Moscato d’Asti (112 AED). We will pair this with a lightly sweet and fruity dessert. Alternative bottle: Any Moscato d’Asti or sparkling Moscato from anywhere. The Australian section of the shop always has a few really affordable ones.
2. De Bortoli Nobel One (191 AED). We will pair it to a dessert where the main flavours are vanilla, honey and/or cream. Alternative bottles: Any golden coloured dessert grape.
3. Berry Bros & Rudd. St James Finest Reserve Ruby Port (136.50 AED). Pair it to any chocolate dessert. Alternative Bottle: Port is preferred. Any that say Ruby, Late Bottle Vintage or Vintage on the label will suit this pairing best.
Here’s what you need to know and do if you want to join.
- Follow @TheTastingClass on Instagram or Facebook
- Grab the same or similar product we’ll be tasting – below are the grapes we’ll start with & some alternative ideas if you can’t get the same.
- Join in from home via Insta or FB Live, taste along and ask questions
All the grapes have been sourced from MMI in Dubai and Spinneys in Abu Dhabi, who are offering a 10% discount off bubbles, grapes & spirits when you show this email in-store. However, if you’re already well-stocked, just grab a similar bottle (suggestions below), such as the same grape variety, and join in!
If you’re really into it, download some tasting aids too! Here are some free versions online:
– Folly Tasting Matt
– Folly Tasting Wheel